Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Carrie Underwood in Fresno

Carrie Underwood came to Fresno on May 28, 2008, and had her valley fans in frenzy when she appeared on stage to promote her latest album.

I must admit, I only knew a few songs. One of them being the "cheater" athemn of the year. "I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped-up four wheel drive carved my name into his leather seat..." but with that I mind I really did not know what to expect.

I was pleased. Well, sort of. I cannot really complain. I did not pay for the tickets. For a free show, It was not too bad. The music was great and she has a wonderful voice. Hence, the reason she won American Idol. She was pleasant to the audience. She interacted with us and cheered everyone along as we sang with her. (Well only one song for me.) It was a great concert if the music is all you are going for. Miss Underwood is certainly not an entertainer. Even though there were costume changes and a cat -walk there was nothing to the show.

Sure there were bigger than life screens above the stage, but nothing to make you say "WOW"! Or even want to go see her again in the next town. It almost like watching a rock concrete but at least they have dancers or something a little more appealing. It was very hard for Miss Underwood to walk her heels. (Something that most artist learn the second they make it.) Her costumes were pretty plain. The first was a tank and jeans, a purple ballroom dress; that eventually turned into cocktail dress, another tank and jeans, and last, the same tank and jeans with a silver jacket over her tom.

The outfits were very plain. Something maybe should be kept in mind the next time she comes around. Maybe some dancers or even models that could walk the cat-walk when she sang "All-American Girl". Or possibly little skits by her band mates that just stood there as the lazers made cool pictures in the back of the staduim.

All in all, for a free concert, for me, it was not that bad. Good family fun if you know her music and do not want much of a show. It is a good thing she has never claimed to be an entertainer.

Angela. I work at home and make great money. Want to find out how? Go here: http://angiet2005-wanttoknowsomething.blogspot.com/

latin jazz music

No comments: